Saturday, October 08, 2005

Not So Bad After All

I talked to Dave (the teach) during class about my broken carb housing and he said not to worry about it and not to even bother with glue. All the other bolts should hold it in place just like Lisa said (sorry to doubt you Lisa). So I open it up and cleaned out all the jets, needles etc. and really, it was all pretty clean. There was one that was a little sticky but all in all it probably wasn't necessary, which is fine. I managed to get some carb experience under my belt and it's good to know that the carbs won't be any issue in the future. One more potential problem alleviated.

I also got to think about my battery. I've been leaving it on the trickle charger days at a time between classes and while that shouldn't matter maybe it does. I'm going to take it home on Monday and then Tues at lunch I'm going to start charging it, by time for class at 6:30 it should be fully charged and ready to go, if not I know it's the battery and not the charging method and can just worry about getting a new one.

And that is where I'm at.

No comments: